General Details About Engaged And Getting Married
Anyone can get hitched so long they meet the requirements based on the Danish Act from the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
You must fill in and have an application approved whether you are getting married in Copenhagen, somewhere else in Denmark or abroad.
The initial you can easily apply is four months prior to the date you intend to get hitched.
If you should be to obtain hitched in an alternative town than your town of residence, or perhaps in a church or any other spiritual community, you have to submit an application for a alleged “provelsesattest”. You must apply for an “?gteskabsattest” if you are to get married abroad.
The application kind form may be the regardless that is same of document you make an application for, or you are becoming hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A modification of the Danish Marriage Law therefore the Aliens Act has had impact on the 1 st of January 2019. You can easily read more about that additionally the application procedure under “Application details” below.
right right Here it is possible to find this out about the likelihood of a available atmosphere wedding when you look at the City of Copenhagen.
Right right Here you’ll find out about the chance of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at time and put which you decide.
Read more in regards to the needs
A modification of the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has brought influence on the very first of January 2019.
The alteration ensures that some applications for wedding will likely be prepared by way of a main unit that is national by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners who must deliver their applications into the main national device are couples where one or both events:
- aren’t Danish or Nordic residents
- don’t have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- have never acquired a permanent residence appropriate for Denmark based on EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still doing wedding ceremonies.
You have to deliver the application to your municipality in Denmark where you stand registered (bop?lskommune) if you both meet the after criteria:
- You might be Danish or Nordic residents
- You have got a permanent residence license for Denmark
- You have got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
You can easily find out more concerning this on the internet site regarding the State management by hitting this link.
You can easily read more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
You must fill in and send the notice of marriage form digitally if you are both registered as residents in Denmark, and have NemID.
Crucial: study ” the best place to Apply” above, before giving the job.
Utilizing the application you need to deliver the documentation that is following
- Scan of the passport or nationwide ID card if you should be maybe perhaps not a Danish citizen created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of straight to permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with the EU-rules, if you’re maybe not just a Danish or Nordic citizen
- We might ask for a certificate of marital status from your previous countries of residence if you have lived in another country than Denmark within recent years
If your document is released an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is maybe perhaps maybe not released by a country that is nordic it should be submitted in 2 variations: the initial, and an interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation needs to be done by a certified translator.
You must submit the following if you are a citizen in a Nordic country
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are given by Skatteverket, and needs to be no over the age of four months whenever you send out them to us.
- Scan regarding the photo web web page of one’s legitimate passport
The provingsattest is granted by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no avove the age of four months whenever you deliver it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan associated with the photo web page of one’s legitimate passport
The provelsesattest must certanly be no avove the age of four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Scan associated with photo web web page of the valid passport
- Marriage ceremonies can be carried out in English, German or Danish
- We can not guarantee that you’ll get married regarding the time you initially wish for, so please usually do not book travelling tickets until your date for the wedding happens to be verified by the Wedding Office
- Copenhagen City Hall will give you two witnesses however you are welcome to create your own personal. There is no need to share with us concerning this until instantly ahead of the marriage ceremony
- Exact exact exact Same intercourse marriages may possibly not be recognised in other countries
- If you want to have your wedding certification legalised, you’ll find information right here
- You are able to only change your title if you’re registered being a resident in Denmark
- For those who have been hitched abroad you can easily register your wedding in Denmark. You have to contact Folkeregisteret (the general public registration office) and show them your wedding certificate. It is possible to find out more and discover email address for Folkeregisteret right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office could be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
For those who have NemID you’ll compose a protected mail via this website link.
Opening hours for individual attendance
Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
Phone hours for basic concerns
To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including getting time for the marriage service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon